Primal Kitchen Tex Mex Chicken Bowl Recipe
I love this recipe because it is simple and tasty. Literally anyone can make it.
I prefer to use cauliflower rice vs. normal and I use Trader Joes frozen cauliflower rice on that note. Then I always use Primal Kitchen Marinade/Dressing and Oils. So for this one it is no different.
You can find the original recipe here.
Please note this is NOT my recipe and all credit is due to Primal Kitchen- it is just one of my favorites.
What you need:
- 1-2 Chicken Breasts or Thighs (whichever you prefer)
- 1/2 Onion cut into strips
- 1/2 bell pepper of your choice cut up into strips
- 1 tsp Ghee
- Primal Kitchen Avocado Oil (or another brand)
- Primal Kitchen Cilantro Lime Marinade
- 1 tsp Cilantro chopped + a few loose pieces
- 1 tsp lime juice
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1/2 avocado
- 1/2 cup salsa
- Take chicken and place in small dish and coat with salt and pepper and Primal Kitchen Cilantro Lime Marinade
- Allow to refrigerate for an hour or overnight
- Prep rice as desired and add in lime juice and cilantro thats chopped and mix together
- Use a cast iron skillet and heat to medium-high heat along with 1 tablespoon of Avocado Oil – .
- Add in onions and peppers and allow to cook until soft
- Once they are cooked add a little more Avocado Oil and cook Chicken about 6-7 minutes/side with onions and peppers still in the pan – add salt and pepper as needed
- Allow chicken to cool and then chop up and divide among bowls with rice, peppers and onions, avocado, and more cilantro lime dressing.
Please note that I may receive a small commission from some of the links within this post. Also note that I would never affiliate with any company or product that I do not believe in or use whole heartedly.
Stressed by what is best to get at the store?
Feel like you do not have enough hours in the day to finish working, take care of the kids, prep dinner, eat, take care of you, workout and know what to get at the grocery store?
Ever find yourself just throwing whatever seems appealing into your cart?
Well no more!
I have helped so many women achieve the balance they want and need by taking the guess work out of workouts and meal prep. Get a FREE grocery shopping list to help decrease inflammation and try it this weekend!