Macro Bowl Recipe – ONE OF MY FAVS
This continues to be a go to for me. I love it because it fills me up and is filled with nutrient rich food and lots of fiber.
You can essentially use any dressing or marinade you like but I love Primal Kitchens Honey Mustard for this one personally, you could also use their Thousand Island or Ranch.
You can find the original recipe here.
Please note this is NOT my recipe and all credit is due to Primal Kitchen- it is just one of my favorites. You can also save on ANY of their products at checkout with code CANDICECFITNESS .
What you need:
- 2 purple sweet potatoes cut into cubes
- 2 red potatoes cut into cubes
- Cauliflower or Broccoli about 12-16oz
- Primal Kitchen Avocado Oil (or another brand)
- 2 spiraled zucchini
- 1/2 tsp tumeric
- 1/2 tsp garlic
- salt and pepper
- nitrate free bacon
- Dinosaur Kale chopped
- Primal Kitchen Thousand Island or Honey Mustard Marinade/Dressing
- 1-2 lbs chicken breasts
- Take chicken and place in small dish and coat with salt and pepper and Primal Kitchen Honey Mustard Marinade
- Allow to sit in fridge for 1 hour or overnight
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Take chopped up potatoes and coat with avocado oil and salt and pepper, place on baking sheet
- Toss cauliflower or broccoli in bowl with avocado oil , turmeric and garlic and distribute on same baking pan OR another to put in oven.
- Place in oven for 30-35 minutes until brown and soft
- Heat cast iron or other pan on stove and cook bacon
- Once bacon is cooked remove chicken from fridge and place in pan with an additional tbsp of Avocado Oil- cook about 6-8 minutes/side until cooked through (check internal temp to 175 degrees).
- Remove chicken from pan and add in zucchini if it needs to be prepped/cooked (I love Trader Joes frozen brand).
- After noodles are done remove from pan and add 1-2 TBSP of Avocado Oil again and this time saute kale until wilted and coated add in garlic and nutritional yeast.
- Once everything is cooked assemble the bowl with kale first, followed by zucchini, then potatoes (both kinds), bacon then chicken and broccoli or cauliflower and then top with 1 -2 TBSP of Thousand Island Dressing.
Yields 2 servings.
- Prep bacon as indicated on package
Please note that I may receive a small commission from some of the links within this post. Also note that I would never affiliate with any company or product that I do not believe in or use whole heartedly.
Not sure of what to get at the grocery store?
Feel like you do not have enough hours in the day to finish working, take care of the kids, prep dinner, eat, take care of you, workout, and what about grocery shopping??
I have helped numerous women find the time and the results you want – and you can start with this! A free anti inflammatory based grocery shopping list. Try it this weekend!